Curbside Pickup is a permanent service!
You must have a valid Onondaga County Public Library card to utilize OFL’s Curbside Pickup service.
If you do not have a library card, you can register for a temporary digital card. When you are comfortable coming in the library again, you can stop in with the appropriate forms of identification to receive a permanent physical card. Click here to learn more.
Curbside Pickup Procedure:
1. RESERVE ITEMS via our online catalog or call the library.
To support social distancing efforts, libraries offering pickup are operating with limited staff. Due to these special circumstances, wait times for holds placed online are currently longer than usual. Thanks for your patience.
2. Come to the library: After you receive your automatic notification, stop by the library during normal business hours to pick up your holds.
- Items can be held for 7 days- If you do not pick up in that time, your holds will go back into circulation.
- Note: If you receive multiple notifications for holds, all of the holds that come in before your pickup will be grouped together so you can pick them all up at the same time.
3. WHEN YOU ARRIVE:
- Park in one of the 2 designated Curbside Pickup parking spaces.
- Remain in your vehicle, call the library at (315) 492-1727 and press 2.
- Provide your library card number, name and parking spot number to library staff.
- Staff will bring your items out to your vehicle- Masks must be worn by patrons and staff. Be prepared to show your library card or photo ID to staff. Once ID is confirmed staff will hand items to patron or place them in the back seat or trunk if requested.
Do I have to make an appointment?
No. Just stop by the library at your convenience!
Where do I park?
In one of the 2 designated Curbside Pickup parking spaces.
Do I have to call the library when I arrive for my appointment?
Yes. This will let us know you are here and we will get your items checked out and bring them to you vehicle.
How long can I have these materials?
A receipt with your due dates will be in the bag with your materials. Most materials will have TWO automatic renewals as long as there are no holds on the items.
What materials are available for pick-up?
Most physical materials available at Onondaga County Public Libraries, including books, audiobooks DVDs and CDs. Some libraries, including OFL, have made some materials, such as Library of Things items and park passes, only available for pickup at their owning library. We are not currently taking requests for Interlibrary Loans (items from outside the OCPL system).
Can library staff help me find something to read/view?
Yes- Call the library during business hours listed above or email us and a librarian will help.
What about returns?
All returns must be made via book drops. Learn more.
What is the library doing to protect the safety of patrons and library staff?
- The limited contact curbside pick-up model we are using provides maximum social distancing for the safety of our patrons and our staff. Staff will wear masks in accordance with Onondaga County workplace safety policy and CDC guidelines.
- All patrons and staff are required to wear a mask when using OFL’s Curbside Pickup service.
Can I come in the library?
Yes, OFL is open! No appointments required to visit. Learn more.