Lynda.com is now LinkedIn Learning! LinkedIn Learning offers the same content and experience as Lynda.com, and preserves Lynda.com's extensive collection of award-winning online courses and video tutorials to help you learn business, technical and creative skills. Achieve your personal and professional goals. Courses are taught by recognized industry experts. Learn what you want, when you want, from our entire library. Build custom playlists to organize courses you want to watch. Watch courses on your computer, tablet, or mobile device. Switch back and forth without ever losing your place.
Note: Patrons' course histories and progress was migrated from Lynda.com to LinkedIn Learning on April 26, 2021. If you are an OCPL patron who previously set up a Lynda.com account, your profile, courses, course history, and course progress were all transferred in full. None of your Lynda.com information was or will be deleted. You are not required to have or sign up for a LinkedIn account.
To complete the migration process from a web browser:
- Click on the LinkedIn Learning Link above.
- On the page that states, "Your Library Invites You to LinkedIn Learning. Let's Get Started," click 'Get Started."
- Enter your library card number and PIN.
- Choose a few subject areas that interest you.
- Check your email for an invitation from LinkedIn Learning to finish your profile migration an follow the instructions.
- Migration is then complete.
For more information on the changeover, please visit LinkedIn Learning for Libraries Patron's FAQ.
To use the LinkedIn Learning App:
- BEFORE using the app, set up your account online by clicking the LinkedIn Learning link on your library's website.
- Download the free LinkedIn Learning app from an app store.
- When you open the app, choose "Sign In", even if you have never used Lynda.com or LinkedIn Learning.
- Leave the email box blank and click on blue text "Sign in with your library card."
- Enter our Library ID, "onondagacounty" at the end of the address.
- Follow prompts for email, library card number and PIN.
If you started or completed any courses on Lynda.com, or set any preferences, those will now appear in the LinkedIn Learning app.