Monday: 10am - Noon & 1:00-8:00pm
Tuesday: 10am - Noon & 1:00-4:30pm
Wednesday: 10am - Noon & 1:00-8:00pm
Thursday: 10am - Noon & 1:00-4:30pm
Friday: 10am - Noon & 1:00-4:30pm
Saturday & Sunday: Closed
Telephone reference will be available Monday through Friday, 9:30am to close.
Pickup will be by appointment ONLY - No drop-ins.
Returns will not be accepted in the pickup area.
You must have a valid Onondaga County Public Library card to utilize OFL’s Takeout service.
If you do not have a library card, you can register for a temporary digital card. When the library opens for normal services again, you can stop in with the appropriate forms of identification to receive a permanent physical card. Click here to learn more.
1. RESERVE ITEMS via our online catalog or call the library.
To support social distancing efforts, libraries offering pickup are operating with very limited staff and returns are being quarantined for at least 7 days. Due to these special circumstances, wait times for holds placed online are currently longer than usual. Thanks for your patience.
2. SCHEDULE A PICKUP APPOINTMENT: After you receive your automatic notification, please call the library to schedule an appointment to pick up your holds.
- Items can be held for 7 days- If you do not call the library to set up a pickup appointment in that time, your holds will go back into circulation.
- Note: If you receive multiple notifications for holds, all of the holds that come in before your pickup appointment will be grouped together so you can pick them all up at the same time.
3. WHEN YOU ARRIVE FOR YOUR APPOINTMENT:
- Your items will already be checked out on your card and bagged.
- Library staff will meet you at the front door- You and staff must wear face coverings.
- Show your library card or photo ID to staff through the glass.
- Staff will then open the door and give your items.
What if I can’t make my appointment?
We understand that emergencies happen. If you miss your appointment, you have until 4pm the following business day to call to reschedule a pickup time before items will be checked back in.
Where do I park?
Right in front of our main entrance. There will be signage to direct you.
Do I have to call the library when I arrive for my appointment?
No. Your items will already be checked out and bagged, and staff will be awaiting your arrival.
How long can I have these materials?
A receipt with your due dates will be in the bag with your materials. All materials will have TWO automatic renewals as long as there are no holds on the items.
What materials are available for pick-up?
Most physical materials available at Onondaga County Public Libraries, including books, audiobooks DVDs and CDs. Some libraries, including OFL, have made some materials, such as Library of Things items and park passes, unavailable or only available for pickup at their owning library. We are not currently taking requests for Interlibrary Loans (items from outside the OCPL system).
Can library staff help me find something to read/view?
Yes- Call the library during business hours listed above or email us and a librarian will help.
What about returns?
All returns must be made via book drops. Learn more.
What is the library doing to protect the safety of patrons and library staff?
- The limited contact curbside pick-up model we are using provides maximum social distancing for the safety of our patrons and our staff. Staff will wear masks in accordance with Onondaga County workplace safety policy and CDC guidelines.
- All returned materials are being quarantined for at least 3 days. Learn more about returns.
- All patrons and staff are required to wear a mask when using OFL’s Library Takeout service.
Can I come in the library?
Beginning Monday, July 13th, OFL will be opening for limited services and by appointment only. Learn more.