Would you like to use one of our meeting rooms? Call or email us.
OFL has 4 meeting rooms available for public use:
- 1 large community room - Room Capacity: 150 adults (75 adults with chairs)
Equipment available: Projector with screen, laptop, podium, dry-erase board/easel, DVD player, VCR, piano, tables and chairs. Kitchen access is also available with the Community Room - $50 refundable deposit (see #4 in the Meeting Room Policy below)
- 3 small rooms
Equipment available: Dry-erase board, projector, tables and chairs
- Room 218 - Comfortably seats 4-6 adults (with table)
- Room 222 - Comfortably seats 10-12 adults (with removable tables)
- Room 223 - Comfortably seats 8-10 adults (with table)
Meeting Room Policy
Anyone using our meeting rooms must agree to the following:
- Onondaga Free Library’s community room and small meeting rooms may be used by non-profit organizations, civic-oriented groups or clubs for lawful activities. For-profit use is subject to approval of the Board of Trustees. One individual 18 years or older must be responsible for implementing the rules regulating the meeting room and signing the meeting room policy.
- Groups may use a room more than once a month upon request to the Library Director, with approval of the Board of Trustees. Due to parking capacity, room use may be restricted at the discretion of the Director and the Board of Trustees. To facilitate scheduling, requests should be made for each use at least two weeks in advance. A room cannot be reserved more than 60 days in advance. Notify the library as early as possible if meeting has been canceled or postponed. In the event of library closing due to inclement weather or other emergency reason, all activities will be canceled.
- Meeting rooms are available for programs only during regular library hours or upon arrangement with the Director and at the discretion of the Board of Trustees. The programs must not disrupt library users.
- All programs must be open to the public. Therefore, events such as birthday parties, showers, reunions, business parties, and other personal celebrations are not permitted.
- Organizations using meeting rooms are responsible for setting up chairs, tables, and equipment as needed, and for restoring normal placement after meetings. Nothing may be hung on the walls. A normal amount of cleanup and housekeeping is expected by users, and they will be accountable for any damage. The user of the room is responsible for refuse and must take from the premises all refuse that is brought, created, or left in the usage of the room. No smoking is permitted in the meeting rooms or interior of the library.
- Priority for use of the facility is as follows: 1) Onondaga Free Library events, 2) Onondaga Town government uses, 3) Not for profit groups in the Town of Onondaga, then other not for profits in the area, 4) Profit making organizations.
- A $50 refundable deposit is required when the kitchen is used or when food is brought into the library for meetings. A minimum fee of $100 is for using the rooms by profit making groups or groups which charge admission to the facility. The Board reserves the right to require more of a fee if admission or entry fees are required in the use of the room. All groups using the meeting rooms are asked to make a donation to the library to maintain the room usage and provide more use to patrons.
- No use of the library telephones is permitted.
- Granting permission to use the library meeting room does not imply library endorsement of the aims, policies or activities of any group.
- A representative of the organization requesting the use of the meeting room must sign below; this signature represents acceptance of responsibility for all conditions listed above.
Click here to download and print a copy of our Meeting Room Policy.